The economy is finally on the upswing, and most people watching the market are proclaiming that interest rates are the best they have been in years on many high-ticket items. One of those items is vehicles. Now is one of the best times in history to get a new car. “But, I’ve never bought a new car!” You exclaim. Never fear. Here are some tips if you’re buying a car for the first time and you want to avoid debt issues.
1. Consider buying a new car. But there are a few reasons to do so right now instead of going with a used one.
· There are still a number of tax breaks available for going green. Consider getting a hybrid or other high efficiency vehicle that is eligible for these tax breaks
· Since the economy took a downturn, people have been trying to make their cars last longer, thus making the amount of cars being traded in less than in previous years.
· The economy has also affected production: Less new cars are being made, and if that happens, there’s less urgency to move cars off of the lots.
2. Buy within the next few months. It’s getting to the perfect time of year to buy a new vehicle. End-of-year sales are always good to take advantage of. The urgency isn’t there to get cars off the lots, but many new car dealers will reduce their 2017 models in order to make at least a little more room for the 2018 models.
3. Look around at older cars. As you start your research for newer cars, as listed above, you may be able to find an older vehicle or two from a company that will give you a warranty for them. This, in the long run, can prevent issues and it will help you to sort out just what can happen so that you can get ahead of the game and not miss out on anything.
4. Join AAA. What? There are a lot of people who will tell you that they are huge proponents for the American Automobile Association (Triple A, AAA). You can pay $100 a year to get all kinds of awesome discounts and benefits year round (and not only on my car). But, here is an awesome perk: Triple A offers a vehicle comparison service online that you can use in order to shop around for what vehicle you want to buy. They also provide towing services up to 200 miles.
Take a look around and know what you’re getting yourself into. As you make sense of just what may be available and how you want to get it all taken care of, you’re going to see that it actually can go a really long way in helping you to work out info and see what can be done. That alone, above whatever else that you may be looking to do, can help a lot when it comes time to buy a new or used vehicle.